Well that came around quickly! It seems like only yesterday we were all gathering in the Brewhouse at eight in the morning, nervously awaiting our first PubHack brief. And now we’re six months on and the 2nd event is almost upon us.
What is PubHack exactly?
For those of you who haven’t been before, or don’t know what this is all about; PubHack is a ten hour Hackathon in a pub in Portsmouth. Groups of designers, developers, designers from the world of web, apps and other tech are issued a one word brief (PubHack #1 was ‘Post-Apocolypse’) and then sent on their merry way to come up with something original that interprets that word.
PubHackers will be given breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as being provided with excellent Brewhouse beer kegs to fuel their crazy ideas. In the evening we’ll have a presentation, followed by judging by industry professionals from around the UK and of course, the awards.
You can check out the video from our last event here:
What have you got in store this time?
As well as the usual breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the day, PubHack also has some fabulous sponsors who help make the day extra special.
- Anyone who bought a ticket before February 3rd will receive an exclusive PubHack t-shirt.
- Lanyards and name tags provided by Starboard Media
- PubHack stickers provided by Etch in Southampton.
- Heart Internet have also provided us with beer mats and geeky stickers.
- Beers will be provided by Campaign Monitor and Heart Internet.
- We also have some PF Meet (Portsmouth Freelancers Meet) stickers for you guys as well.
I think you can agree that our sponsors have really spoilt us for this event!
What are the awards?
For PubHack #2 we have four award categories:
- Starboard Media Award – Overall Winner
- Campaign Monitor Award – Best Design
- Heart Internet Award – Most Likely To Commercially Succeed
- Most Likely to Receive a Lawsuit
Who will be judging?
Obviously we couldn’t have the awards without judges and we have some fantastic judges who will be along later in the day to see what you’ve been upto.
- Jon Burkhart: Co-author of Newsjacking. The@UrgentGenius of Real-Time Advertising and Co-Founder ofUrgent Genius. Jon is also the Founder of Real-Time Content Labs.
- Dan Edwards: is a freelance Web and User Interface designer from the South Coast of the UK. He works for various start-ups and companies around the globe as well as being the co-creator of Altitude, an event for creatives. In 2013 .Net Magazine named him Young Designer of The Year.
- Tom Kentell: Tom is a front/back-end developer from Chichester with a passion for web standards, accessibility and clean code. He co-organisers Altitude conference with Dan.
See you there!
Hopefully that’ll give you a run down of what to expect and are looking forward to it as much as we are. I know I’m really looking forward to seeing what everyone is going to make this year! Roll on the 18th!